IELTS or the International English Language Testing System is a standardized English proficiency exam. This test is a a major requirement in order to immigrate, work, or study in major English-speaking countries around the world like the UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
IELTS has been associated with The British Council, Oxford University, and IDP Australia and is recognized in almost 10,000 organizations in more than a hundred countries worldwide.
The IELTS test has two modules: General Module for people who like to immigrate and the Academic Module for professional and academic purposes.
ATI offers the following packages for those who would like to take part in our comprehensive classes to ace your desired module:
|Number of Sessions||Schedule||Inclusions|
(For students with minimal idea about the IELTS but have average English skills)
*Mon-Thursday: 4 skill- lecture & Friday: practice tests with lecture
(2 batches of lecture: 9-12 and 1-4)
|Unlimited usage of online materials|
|1 week crash course (specifically recommended for retakers who would like to get their desired bandscores)||Mon-Saturday
Mon-Thursday: 4 skill- lecture, Friday: Mock test, Saturday: One on one final coaching with practice tests
|Unlimited usage of online materials.
|3-6 months (Pre-IELTS course)
Students shall have ESL and supplementary lessons as preparation for the actual IELTS class
|Mon- Friday: morning lecture (9-12nn) and afternoon practice tests with consultation (2-4pm)
Fortnight: mock tests
|Unlimited usage of online materials|
|One on One class (Tailor-made IELTS course with extensive coaching and weekly mock tests)||Mon-Friday: Lecture (9-12nn) and (1-3pm)||Practice tests and unlimited usage of online materials|
Sample portions of the IELTS test
Questions: transport from Bayswater
- Express train leaves at (1) …………………….
- Nearest station is (2) …………………….
- Number 706 bus goes to (3) …………………….
- Number (4) ……………………. bus goes to station
- Earlier bus leaves at (5) …………………….
Write no more than one word and/or a number for each answer.
|Transport||Cash fare||Card fare|
|Bus||(6) $ …………||$1.50|
– before 5pm or after (7) ……… pm)
|$10||(8) $ …………|
|(9) ………… ferry||$4.50||$3.55|
|Tourist ferry ((10) …………)||$35||-|
|Tourist ferry (whole day)||$65||-|
Reading Excerpt: GENERAL MODULE
Community Education SHORT COURSES: BUSINESS
Business Basics Gain foundation knowledge for employment in an accounts position with bookkeeping and business basics through to intermediate level; suitable for anyone requiring knowledge from the ground up. Code B/ED011 16th or 24th April 9am–4pm Cost $420.
Bookkeeping This course will provide students with a comprehensive understanding of bookkeeping and a great deal of hands-on experience. Code B/ED020 19th April 9am–2.30pm (one session only so advance bookings essential) Cost $250
New Enterprise Module Understand company structures, tax rates, deductions, employer obligations, profit and loss statements, GST and budgeting for tax. Code B/ED030 15th or 27th May 6pm–9pm Cost $105
READING PART: ACADEMIC MODULE
Making time for science
- Chronobiology might sound a little futuristic – like something from a science fiction novel, perhaps – but it’s actually a field of study that concerns one of the oldest processes life on this planet has ever known: short-term rhythms of time and their effect on flora and fauna.
- This can take many forms. Marine life, for example, is influenced by tidal patterns. Animals tend to be active or inactive depending on the position of the sun or moon. Numerous creatures, humans included, are largely diurnal – that is, they like to come out during the hours of sunlight. Nocturnal animals, such as bats and possums, prefer to forage by night. A third group are known as crepuscular: they thrive in the low-light of dawn and dusk and remain inactive at other hours.
SAMPLE QUESTIONS FOR ACADEMIC READING
On your answer sheet, write
- YES if the statement agrees with the claims of the writer
- NO if the statement contradicts the claims of the writer
- NOT GIVEN if it is impossible to say what the writer thinks about this
6) Exposure to different events forces the brain to think differently.
7) Iconoclasts are unusually receptive to new experiences.
Choose no more than 3 words to answer the passage
The Miner's Friend used condensed steam to (8) ...................., which sucked water from mines.
Design improved: Newcomen (9) .................... using a piston and cylinder instead of an open boiler.
1769: separating heating and cooling processes meant no (10) .................... between power strokes.
WRITING PART 1: GENERAL
- You play a team sport with some friends. Last week a member of the team had an accident and wasn't able to play with you at the weekend. You decide to write to him in hospital, telling him about the match.
- Write a letter to your friend. In your letter, tell him which team won
- describe the conditions on the day
- say how you felt about the match
PART 1: ACADEMIC MODULE:
The charts below show the results of a survey about what people of different age groups say makes them most happy.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
SPEAKING PART 1
- Let’s talk about your home town or village:
- What kind of place is it?
- What’s the most interesting part of your town/village?
- What kind of jobs do the people in your town/village do?
- Would you say it’s a good place to live? (why?)
SPEAKING PART 2:
Describe a museum
- How often do you visit the museum?
- Which type of museum is popular in your country?
- Why do you want to visit the museum?
- What do you think of the importance of museums in history?
- How do you think of the heritage of a country?
- Compare the museums nowadays and in the past
SPEAKING PART 3:
- How do most people travel long distances in your country?
- Have the types of transport people use changed much over the last few decades?
- What kinds of improvement have there been in transport in your country in recent years?
- Do you think transport is likely to continue to improve in the future?
SAMPLE SITES for PRACTICE TESTS