TESOL Advanced Certification is an interactive face to face course that provides a base knowledge in teaching English as a second language with focus on methods and approaches to TESOL. Participants study the first and second language acquisition theories to help students understand the methodologies in teaching a second language., and learn to create English as a second language lesson plans for presentation in a classroom.
- Examine the core knowledge of TESOL
- Create ESL lesson plans
- Assess and compare TESOL methods of teaching
- Facilitate successful communication in the TESOL classroom
- Correctly identify methods and approaches to TESOL.
- Improvement of student achievement by creating a safe and shameless learning environment.
- Improvement of teacher confidence.
- Introduction to teaching ESL online.
- Provide a classroom environment that is supportive to the latest trends in TESOL.
- Design and implement ESL lesson plans that reflect best teaching practices, and target student ESL learning needs.
- Demonstrate high expectations of all students learning.
- Monitor and assess student progress.