TESOL for Children is a sixty- hour course that gives you a general guide to the theoretical approaches of teaching young learners. TESOL for children certification course focuses on teaching methods for age groups two through seventeen. It also discusses the different developmental stages of children to equip the teacher to provide the best teaching practice for each age level. Instruction includes a variety of TESOL methodologies, classroom disciplinary methods, and teaching aids for practical application.
- To familiarize teachers in regards to the methods of teaching English to young learners that are creative and humanistic
- To understand each young learner’s wholistic development
- To learn how to assist students in all aspects of communication to prepare them for activities of daily living
- To demonstrate content, pedagogical, and professional knowledge necessary for successful performance in teaching.
- To create ESL lesson plans appropriate for young learners.
- To assess and compare TESOL methods of teaching.
- To facilitate effective communication in the TESOL classroom.
- To correctly identify methods and approaches to TESOL appropriate for young learners
- To improve student achievement by fostering a safe and non-threatening learning environment.
- To improve teacher confidence.
- Consistently provide a classroom environment that is supportive TESOL.
- Design and implement ESL lesson plans that reflect best teaching practices, and target student ESL learning needs.
- Demonstrate high expectations of all students learning.
- Monitor and assess student progress.
- Evaluate ESL materials appropriate for students’ needs.
- Know, understand, and use evidence-based practices and strategies related to planning, implementing, and managing standards-based ESL and content instruction.