TESOL for Business Certification is a sixty- hour course that gives you a general guide to the theoretical approaches of TESOL. Methodologies of TESOL are explored with focus on teaching English to business professionals. Topics covered include Background of TESOL, Introduction to Business English, Approaches & Methods to Teaching, Planning, Assessing & Evaluating Materials, Corporate Writing, Writing a Resume, and Successful Presentations.
- To familiarize teachers in regards to the methods of teaching business English to foreign students that are both timeless and on the cutting edge.
- To understand the key points and terms used in the everyday world of modern business English.
- To learn how to assist students in the utilization of the many tools of communication in the modern business world.
- To demonstrate content, pedagogical, and professional knowledge necessary for successful performance in teaching.
- To create ESL lesson plans appropriate for business professionals.
- To assess and compare TESOL methods of teaching.
- To facilitate successful communication in the TESOL classroom.
- To correctly identify appropriate methods and approaches to TESOL.
- To create a successful classroom environment by fostering diversity.
- To build an awareness and commitment to professional growth of teachers.
- To enhance language learner outcomes by promoting authentic contexts in teaching.
- Consistently provide a classroom environment that is supportive to the latest trends of TESOL.
- Design and implement ESL lesson plans that reflect best teaching practices, and target student ESL learning needs.
- Demonstrate high expectations of all students learning.
- Monitor and assess student progress.
- Evaluate ESL materials appropriate for students’ needs.
- Know, understand, and use evidence-based practices and strategies related to planning, implementing, and managing standards-based ESL and content instruction.